Sun, Feb 16|
Animal Science Research Center
February Meeting: Honey Production with Single Brood Chamber Hives
Time & Location
Feb 16, 2020, 2:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Animal Science Research Center, 920 East Campus Drive, Columbia, MO 65201, USA
About the Event
As winter winds down, it's time to start getting ready for Spring! Our February meeting will include our regular agenda items:
- What's blooming? A monthly review of food sources for bees and other pollinators. Have plant you have noticed bees on? Share your pic from your phone to email@example.com. Please include approximate location and name, if known.
- Bee Curious. A review of interesting bee related scientific articles .
- Test your knowledge! A trivia quiz that is seasonal or related to our monthly program.
- Club activities and business items. A monthly review of our club's services and discussion of club business.
- Maintenance calendar. An overview and discussion of seasonal activities in the apiary.
- Upcoming events. A review of upcoming conferences or other club related activities.
Our special program for February will be a presentation by Steve Moeller on honey production with single brood chamber hives. Steve Moeller lives in a rural area near Columbia, Missouri and began his beekeeping adventure in 1974. He currently manages 40-50 hives for the production of honey, beeswax and pollen. Steve is a past Secretary and Treasurer of the Missouri State Beekeepers Association and is an EAS certified master beekeeper. He believes that beekeeping is best approached as a life-long learning experience.
Have a question or suggestion for a topic? Please submit them here.
Doors open at 2:30 PM for socializing with the meeting beginning at 3:00 PM.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!