February Meeting: Honey Production with Single Brood Chamber Hives
Time & Location
About the Event
As winter winds down, it's time to start getting ready for Spring! Our February meeting will include our regular agenda items:
- What's blooming? A monthly review of food sources for bees and other pollinators. Have plant you have noticed bees on? Share your pic from your phone to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include approximate location and name, if known.
- Bee Curious. A review of interesting bee related scientific articles .
- Test your knowledge! A trivia quiz that is seasonal or related to our monthly program.
- Club activities and business items. A monthly review of our club's services and discussion of club business.
- Maintenance calendar. An overview and discussion of seasonal activities in the apiary.
- Upcoming events. A review of upcoming conferences or other club related activities.
Our special program for February will be a presentation by Steve Moeller on honey production with single brood chamber hives. Steve Moeller lives in a rural area near Columbia, Missouri and began his beekeeping adventure in 1974. He currently manages 40-50 hives for the production of honey, beeswax and pollen. Steve is a past Secretary and Treasurer of the Missouri State Beekeepers Association and is an EAS certified master beekeeper. He believes that beekeeping is best approached as a life-long learning experience.
Have a question or suggestion for a topic? Please submit them here.
Doors open at 2:30 PM for socializing with the meeting beginning at 3:00 PM.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions!